My Couch Adventure

Not too long ago I got a sectional for $100 off of one of those local “yard sale” type Facebook pages. As you can imagine, I was ecstatic! The couch I had at the time was old, and it had been through a lot to say the least. College years, pets, and smoke had gotten the best of that poor couch. Now that our home was smoke free, the dogs were no longer allowed on the furniture, and there was a baby here, we were in desperate need of an upgrade. The couch was in excellent condition for the cost. It had a few cigarette burns on one of the arms, but no biggie. I just put a nice throw on that end of the couch and no one will ever see it. The downfall was the large amount of water rings on the couch. You know those little rings that get left on microfiber if you spill the smallest drop of water on it. It was still in better condition than the one we had, so we took it anyway.
As I was cleaning my living room one day I decided to try and get those stubborn rings out. I tried store bought upholstery cleaner with a brush, I tried rubbing alcohol and a rag (which is great for getting marker out of your couch by the way), I even tried just plain ole water but nothing seemed to work.  I wasn’t giving up though. I started searching the internet, and finally found the best way to get rid of those rings.
Things you will need to do this include:
·         Baby Wipes – I use the cheapest ones they make so this will one cost you around $1
·         Blow Dryer
·         Clean Dry Rag
Here is my before picture
First you want to get the area wet by rubbing the baby wipe across the fabric.
Next, you are going to take your clean, DRY, rag and start scrubbing the stained area while you blow dry it. This part can be kind of tricky. It is sort of like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time, but you get the hang of it. If you have a little helper, this would be a good time to use him/her. The stains come right out! It’s pretty amazing. Even the most stubborn water rings didn’t take more than two treatments on my couch.
Here is my after picture.

Did this work for you?

Comments

Popular Posts