One Pot Beef Stroganoff

Last time I went to Arkansas my friend Alex made this super easy beef stroganoff. It has since become a staple meal in our house. She is an amazing cook and quite a few of our favorite meals come from her. I miss her and her husband dearly and can't wait to see them again soon. Until then, I will enjoy meals she has prepared for me in the past to not feel so far away.

This meal can be made in less than 30 minutes and only has 5 ingredients. And to top it all off, you only have to dirty ONE dish!

Ingredients:
1 lb. 90/10 or 80/20 ground beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 soup cans water
1 soup can milk
10-12 oz egg noodles





So I don't use a pot, I use my large cast iron skillet! I LOVE this thing and I use it daily. It increases your family's iron intake, cooks beautifully, and it's so easy to clean.

First, brown your meat with desired seasonings (mesquite or BBQ is what I use). You want to let your meat simmer until all the grease is gone. This is why I use 90/10 or 80/20 meat.

Next, add both cans of cream of mushroom soup. Then refill the cans with water and milk until you have added two cans of water and one can of milk. Sometimes I do two cans of milk and one can of water depending how thick the soup I have is and how much milk I have. It doesn't matter either way it still comes out delicious :)
you will notice some leftover grease in your mixture. It's okay, it adds flavor ;)
Stir up your mixture till there are no more lumps from the soup then add your noodles. The liquid doesn't have to completely cover the noodles but you want it close.

Bring to a boil then let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Let stand 5 minutes, serve, and enjoy.

Suggested sides: Garlic toast, gumbo veggies, green beans, or corn.

Comments

Popular Posts