Simple Clothes Pin Angels

So as I was drinking my coffee and browsing Facebook this morning I saw a post from a friend that said "We are going to be volunteering at a nursing home, to do crafts once a week with some of the residents...Please send me any relatively simple craft ideas for small projects. (They don't have room for anything big). Must be fairly simple, as most of the people participating have limited motor skills and require extra help...."

As someone who has always had a special place in my heart for the elderly I jumped all over the opportunity to help her. My first thought was the simple angels I made as a kid out of coffee filters and clothes pins. She asked for a Pinterest pin or how to and I was shocked that I couldn't find a simple one children or seniors could do without a lot of help. But of course I wasn't going to let that stop me. So I set off to make my own blog post! I found a way to incorporate some #prayerandoils too so they could benefit from essential oils and she even said I could come help when she does the project with them!

So without further ado, here is what you do!

Supplies needed for 1 angel


2 Coffee Filters
1 Clothes pin
1 pipe cleaner
Glue (I used hot glue)
Markers
Essential Oil (Optional)








The first thing you are going to want to do is fold your coffee filter in half. Your clothes pin (or body of the angel) will go along the crease and each half will be the wings of the angel.

After you fold it in half it is time to decorate! The angels look beautiful just left white or you can color the whole thing! It is really up to you.

Then it is time to add some oils :) You simply just add a drop to the coffee filter. When using the highest quality essential oils it only takes one drop but if you accidently get 2 like Cole did that is fine too :) and don't worry the drop will make it translucent for a minute but once it dries it will go back to normal.




Now it is time to build your angel! Bunch the coffee filter up down the crease you make when you folded it in half and clip it in your angel. Straighten it out as much as you like on either side to reveal your decorations on the wings.


Next, let's make the angel bottom. Fold another coffee filter in half, then fold it in half again. Decorate it if you like then clip it under your angel wings. Add a smiley face and you are almost done!


Next we are going to make a halo! Fold a pipe cleaner in half then about an inch from where it bends twist it to make a circle. Bend it at the twist so the halo will be horizontal over the angel's head.



Last, glue your pipe cleaner to the back and you are all done!


We clipped ours to the ceiling fan to make a little angel diffuser :)


I hope you enjoy this craft! Post your pictures in the comments below or on social media with the hashtag #prayerandoils

Comments

Popular Posts